Which Style of Photo Booth Should You Choose?
When you buy something simple, you know what you need to get. You know which colors you like, or which options you prefer, or even which person to call.
But what the heck are you supposed to do when choosing a photo booth?
After all, it’s not a decision most people make every day. Photo booths seem like complicated matters. They come with different options, they come with different specs, and there are different types that can complicate matters even further.
Fortunately, this decision isn’t nearly as scary as it might seem.
The style of photo booth you choose will depend on a few factors, sure. But we’re here to help. At Shutterbug Photo Booths, we’re not only happy to talk to you and discuss what your best option is, but we’ve taken the liberty of putting together a few tips and answers that will help you discern the ideal photo booth for your upcoming wedding, party, corporate event, and more. Here’s how to choose the style of photo booth for your event:
Suit the Photo Booth to Your Event
It starts with knowing what you want.
For example, consider a wedding reception. The goals here are clear. Not only is it a once-in-a-lifetime kind of party—the kind you can revisit in photographs and memories for decades to come—but you want it to go great for every guest who comes, too. That means you’ll want to give them some major entertainment.
And that’s all great. But what if you have a different type of event you have to think about? Here’s a quick breakdown of our different available options and the types of events they might suit:
- The Original Photo Booth. The classic photo booth experience. The original photo booths pack a lot of entertainment into a small package, which is why it can be ideal for some of the smaller events you host without ever feeling like you’re dialing down the fun.
- Shutter Stands. Shutter Stands are great for large events, especially weddings, but versatile enough for a wide variety of indoor affairs. These can also work great at Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, Graduations, Sweet 16 parties, and more. Shutter Stands are completely wireless. Options include GIF files, green screen, custom strips and even your choice of backdrop to customize the experience for a wide variety of events.
- Green Screens. For a sense of adventure, green screens add a tremendous amount of entertainment value to the photo booth experience. They’re also great for tying in elements to your party’s theme, which is fantastic for parties including graduations, birthdays, and other important life milestones.
How to Choose From the Available Photo Booths
Although the choice here can seem as simple as matching your event to an appropriate photo booth, we recognize that not every event is the same. Maybe your wedding is going to be a private affair without a huge crowd. Maybe you’re hosting a corporate event—but a “corporate event” can mean anything from a small office to a large company.
In unique situations like these, how do you choose from the available photo booths to find the one that suits you?
Our first recommendation is to contact us here at Shutterbug Photo Booths. We’re happy to talk to you and let you know what’s worked for our clients in the past. This phone consultation will also help you understand the different advantages of each booth type.
Here are a few elements you’ll want to consider:
- Crowd size. How many people does the booth need to accommodate throughout the night? The more guests you have, the more likely it is you’ll need something capable of handling repeat use.
- Do you have enough space for a larger booth, or will something smaller be more appropriate? You should consider the physical dimensions of the party as well as the number of guests who are planning on attending.
Fortunately, there’s a lot of thinking you can outsource to us at Shutterbug Photo Booths. Talk to us, let us know what you need, and our easy set-up and take-down will ensure that no matter which style of photo booth you choose, you’ll be ready to give your guests a great time. Contact us today for a quote.